Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Planes, Buses, different cities....











Well, this week has been a good one. We were able to travel through YellowStone on our way to the next place. I have to say, it was so beautiful. I took pictures just like any tourist, and I used to live in Wyoming.






We were on our way to Idaho Falls. I joined Jerry for a few days of his tour, we had a really good time with our hosts, talking with the kids club and each of the adult groups.






Then, I took a shuttle bus for a few hours drive to the next city in my tour, Boise, Idaho. I got to ride through Twin Falls, Idaho. What unique beauty they have in that area of the world.






Boise had many good events planned, one was a cultural night of learning all about Russia, the foods, music, dress and games. A few men of the church invited their friend who is from the Ukraine to come to church. Peter and his son came to the meeting and we were able to speak Russian together! I discovered that the church in Boise has opened their church to immigrants who move to the area to have orientation classes which are held there at the church and at Thanksgiving time, they invite all of these immigrants to a Thanksgiving dinner. I was quite impressed at their community service. Another event this week was a dinner at a Russian Cafe with real Russian food. It was fun.






God has richly blessed me in my travels, I have found such kindred hearts everywhere I have gone. And, everyone is interested in what is going on in Russia, of course I just can't stop talking.






Today I got on a plane and flew to Great Falls, Idaho. I am looking forward to what God is going to do this week, Thanks for praying for us and loving us and supporting us.






Would you remember to pray for me this Sunday as I speak twice. Yes, I am a bit nervous, but that is ok. Posted by Kim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am praying for you this sunday, my friend and sister!