Thursday, October 30, 2008

Drinking tea while we wait...

Well, Jerry and I have been praying that God would use whatever means He wanted to have us meet people. So, maybe in answer to that request, this afternoon at about 2:50pm our electricity went out. I didn't think much about it cuz in Russia that is a common occurance. I was just settling down to read a book, when I thought that I could go outside, find a bench to sit on and hopefully strike up a conversation.
So, I went outside. And as I came out the door, a little grandma came over to me and asked me if our radiators were warm. We talked for about 10 minutes, she said that she noticed that we were walking around before. Her name is Emma. You can pray that we will meet again.
There were no other conversations for the next 1/2 hour, so I came back home. Once it started getting dark and I noticed that others had lights, and we still didn't have ours. So, when Jerry came home, he called our landlady. Our landlord came over on his way home from work. He couldn't find out what the problem was. He said that he would call the electician and have him come over in the morning.
So,... we were home in the dark and it was only 7pm. There isn't much to do in your home in the dark with only 2 candles, no games, and no electricity! So, we decided to get on the metro and go downtown and see the city at night all lit up. So, we went...
We just got up top from the subway when our phone rang, it was our landlord. He told us that he was back at our apartment waiting for the electrician to show up. So, we hurried back home and sat in our kitchen drinking tea with our landlord for almost 2 hours waiting and talking.
The electrician came and turned on our lights with nearly a snap of his fingers and said that he would be back on monday to finish updating the electrical system which was dated from 1963.
It was such a great time talking with him. Maybe this is part of His plan for us? dah, do you think?
So, would you please keep praying for us to meet people? Would you pray for our landlords, and Emma? And would you pray that God keeps arranging for us to meet the people He has in mind for us to meet?