Thursday, October 9, 2008

Out in the cold

Hi all,
I'm finding that my wife has an elife all her own. When I begin stories people are often telling me, "I know, I read your blog" to which I reply, "I need to start reading that!"

Well, Kim's doing a good job of updating things so I won't go into too much detail about our tour. We are now in Missoula, on our way to Hamilton, Montana, it's 37f outside and the forecast is for snow. We realize that in only a few days we'll be packing up all of our summer clothes in Eugene and then in a few more days, moving to Kiev for winter. We'll be wearing fur hats with our shorts. That's a pretty classic tourist look.

Our friend and colleague, Bob Merrill, found and rented an apartment for us. He writes that it "is located ONE MINUTE from metro [subway station] Pecherskaya. It is three rooms [livingroom and two bedrooms] on the 7th floor. It has taller ceiling then a normal apartment. I tried to write down things to tell you---metal door, 2 balconies, plastic windows, wood floor, tiled bathroom/toilet room, Samsung washing machine, refrigerator, microwave, Sony TV, lots of storage, couch, table, beds--all just what you need. There is a McDonalds at the metro stop and a Coffee House in front of your building."

So there, you know what we know. In the next months we will be working to get residence visas. When that happens we can have all of our stuff shipped from Russia. We'll need to find an unfurnished apartment then.

Now people can tell Kim they read it already in the blog.

2 comments:

Donnie and Blythe said...

The apartment sounds great. I'm glad Bob was able to find it!

Trent and Laurel Wagner said...

yeah im glad, it sounds nice, i wish i could see it, you should post pics when you arrive and maybe a video?:)