Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Feast



A belated Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We had a wonderful "family" celebration with our friends in Moscow, hope that you all had a blessed time with your loved ones.

Today was a great day. I am full, and satisfied with the time we spent at dinner with our neighbors. Our hostess told us it was international because she is Ukranian, her husband is Georgian and we are Americans. It was a FEAST! She had obviously been cooking for days. She is a cake maker/decorator by trade, so she made a beautiful cake for dessert. [I included a picture of the cake she prepared] She prepared a stuffed fish, chicken, pork, potatoes, mushrooms, cheese and salami tray, vegetable salad, borsh, pelmeni (similar to tortelini) and strawberry dumplings. We literally ate for 3 1/2 hours. We had course after course. It was delicious. We enjoyed our conversation and are praying that this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship. We will have them over in a few weeks, for a Thanksgiving meal, it will be a bit belated, but that is ok.

Pray for us as this friendship continues to develope, it is our hope and prayer that God uses us in His plan for their lives.

1 comment:

Ms. Warren said...

Happy Thanksgiving...a few days late!! I finally got around to checking my home email account and there were several updates from you guys. WOW! Sounds like you have a lot going on in your lives. I am living an educator's nightmare as we face budget cuts at both the state and local levels. Things could get interesting and my dream job could get lost in the shuffle. In case you don't recognize my name now...one of you might remember my blue eyes and the other was my roommate :-) Now we'll see if you are having memory loss or not :-) Hope to keep in touch!
--Melissa