Saturday, December 6, 2008

today was a goodie day


It all started this morning after we prayed that God would help us find a good sized turkey at a good price. We went on the subway to a market on the other side of the Dnipro River. We found a lady that had turkeys that looked better than ones we had seen in the central market and they were $2 a kilo cheaper than the others. We were so thrilled. We bought this turkey for our dinner date with our neighbors. Did we mention that we have set our Thanksgiving dinner date with them for December 14th? So, we were interested in getting a nice turkey. We have been praying and trusting God, trying follow His lead with how we go about meeting people and all. When we found these really nice turkeys for a really nice price, I felt like God was saying "keep on going with these plans...I am blessing it." That is a great feeling, to know that God is putting things into place.
...So,... when we returned to our apartment building and found that we had a package slip...well, that was it. If you could have seen our faces, you would have seen the biggest, silliest grins. I felt like I was 10 years old again. The Menomonie Alliance Church has blessed us with a Christmas goodie box for many years now and that was what we got today!!!!!! Thank you Menomonie Church! you made our day even more special...we baked a celebration cake just in your honor and yes, it was so yummy!!!
Today was a really good day!

4 comments:

James said...

Jerry and Kim,

My name is James Paul. I attend Alliance Fellowship in Bozeman, MT. Tomorrow morning @ about 10:30am approximately 200 brothers and sisters in Christ will be praying specifically for your family.

I just finished reading every entry of your blog. What an exciting adventure you've been on. My soul was inspired and my heart encouraged to trust God afresh in providing divine appointments in my daily journey.

May God pour out His Spirit in Kiev!

Jerry and Kim said...

your comment has really encouraged us, to know that 200 brothers and sisters will be praying for us and that someone was encouraged in the journey...thank you!

Trent and Laurel Wagner said...

yeah im so so happy that you got a package:) that is so great.
love you and miss you more than ever... wish we could have a real talk face to face.

Deeapaulitan said...

Hey Rundstroms! I'm so glad James told us about your blog. I've added you to my bloglines and will be checking in on you regularly to pray and 'walk' this journey with you.

Blessings!