Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What do you know?

Hi all,
This will be short because sauna pal, Yura and his wife Luda are on their way here for dinner. You've maybe read the story below...?

Anyway, follow-up on sauna day: I thought that Sasha was acting kind of weird at tennis so, when we got to the sauna and Alexey the Dentist (another sauna regular) asked, "Well, what's everyone been up to?" In order to disarm the weirdness I said, "Well, Sasha came with me to church but he didn't like it."

Sasha lit right up: "What are you talking about?! I really liked it. I'm bringing my wife on Sunday...You're going to be there, right?"

I sort of choked because I didn't want to be uncool and blurt all over so I managed to get out: "Well, yeah. Of course."

Well, what DO you know, anyway? I could sermonize here about how God works but I'll save that for another day.

Thanks for your prayers for these friends of ours.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

very exciting! I'll be praying.