Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tea Party Picnic


well, I made a custard kuchen with the rhubarb...and...it turned out perfectly. Ok, it was just about the best thing I have eaten for a while...(even if I say so myself.)

I went outside this afternoon to talk to my little grandma friends. I bought some green onions, chervil (an herb that you add to green borsh) and more rhubarb. I told them about the custard kuchen I made and that I wanted to share a piece with them. Halya asked me to bring some tea too. So, I went upstairs and gathered together a little tea party picnic.

As I was bringing down my little teapot of tea and bag of dessert dishes and forks, I thought to myself..."this may be just a bit too strange to do here". I wondered what they would think, but they seemed to be anxious to try what I made. So, I gave them each a piece of rhubarb pie and a cup of tea. Maybe it wasn't too strange. We had a little tea party picnic.

Pasha tells us that Ivan is feeling so well these days that he has gone to the store and runs errands. Praise God! one of these days we are going to get together with both of them.
I am trying to be a better friend to Halya.

3 comments:

Trent and Laurel Wagner said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i want some too:)
love you

Jerry and Kim said...

it is the kuchen recipe, I tweaked it a bit and it is on the mixingbowl.

Unknown said...

that looks delicious! love you!