Sunday, February 15, 2009

Air Transit-ion


Hi,

It's Sunday afternoon and Kim and I are at Borisopol Airport, Kiev's hub, on our way to Moscow. We'll be there all week getting 1-year visas in order to live in Ukraine and also for meetings. We've been delayed by almost 4 hours by snow in Moscow but we planned extra time so no sweat.

7a.m. Monday morning I'll be in line at the Ukrainian embassy in Moscow for the 9a.m. opening time. I hope that I don't regret not arriving at 6a.m.

Before we left home today we had to go upstairs to say goodbye to our neighbors. When Enver saw us he was surprised, thinking we'd left yesterday, "I thought you left without saying 'goodbye'" he said smilingly, Whew! Glad we didn't skip that. We dropped off a copy of Purpose Driven Life in Russian for Galina for her to include with her Bible reading.

We will arrive home late Friday/early Saturday. We expect our friend Alexander, the director of the University language program where we help with English, to have a new schedule for us. We hope to have a lot of hours scheduled to be there since they give us really good Ukrainian practice.
Well, Kim is beside me and said, "Okay, don't make that too long", so I'll end here.
More later...

1 comment:

Deeapaulitan said...

Praying for you both this morning.