Saturday, July 9, 2011

Log On

Log On

And…We’re back!

We arrived in Kiev around 36 hours ago. Uneventful flights, (except for really nice seats on the 747 from Detroit to Amsterdam!) Meeting us were Tom, Miriam and the nearly-brand-new Jamie Becker. We appreciated their help getting our apartment open and food in the fridge.

I was happy that it was a little rainy when we pulled up to the apartment. During bad weather Enver doesn’t sit outside and I knew that we’d have to talk for a long time…Anyway, twelve hours later as the Beckers where headed back to Moscow I met Enver at the bottom of the elevator. He gave me a big Georgian kiss on the cheek and asked where Kim was. They were happy to know we are back in our old apartment, one floor below them. We went right to their apartment and talked to Galina. It was a great time and felt like we’d never left. Around 10pm last night Galina called and wanted to bring us food to help us get settled. How do you explain 10-hour jet lag to someone who’s never experienced it? “Uh, how about tomorrow?” was all that I managed to mumble.

It was great to talk to Sasha the Bible study guy yesterday. He’ll be here for lunch and reconnecting today. We’ll find out what happened to everyone from the Bible study and what prospects there are for getting together with everyone.

It’s Monday morning here, which means Sauna Day tomorrow. I don’t want to go, again. The question becomes, “Lord, I’ve told the the Sauna Guys all the important points of the Good News…Do you want me to keep putting time in there or should I look for a different way to invest myself?” Kim and I prayed about it today, trying to start our time here properly…It feels like, right now, that unless I have something actually conflicting with the sauna time that I should go. It may be passive fishing, but it’s still fishing.

And Ilya the professor (who now works for the BBC) has invited us over to meet his wife and daughter next weekend. And Alexander the director of Languages at the university has written, excited for us to get together. We hope he wants to plan for English events at the University for next school year.

Well, that’s it for now. Pray for us, that words may be given us and that when those opportunities come we might proclaim Christ fearlessly, as we should.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray, my DEAR)

deb said...

It's good to catch up with you! I just read a few of your recent blog posts :)

Trent and Laurel Wagner said...

dude i have not been on here since the grand baby quilt update...I am missing out!